Healthcare Scholarship Process
About the Scholarship
The Foundation for Community Care will award, on an annual basis, a scholarship to a student or students from Richland County or the surrounding areas (Sidney Health Center service area) that are pursuing a degree or certification in a healthcare curriculum. The Healthcare Scholarship program was implemented to help create a qualified healthcare workforce for Sidney Health Center and the Richland County area.
- Applicant must be a resident of Richland County or the surrounding area, including Sidney Health Center service area.
- Applicant must be pursuing a career in a healthcare field. Preference given to those students who plan on returning to work at Sidney Health Center or the Richland County area upon completion of his/her program.
- Applicant must be currently accepted into a post-secondary institution, have completed at least one year of college, and be able to provide an official college transcript. Preference will be given to those applicants with a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or above.
A completed application packet shall include:
- Completed application form: online
- Most recent, official college transcript attached to the completed application.
- Three completed recommendation surveys from high school or college instructors, employers, clergy, or other community members. (Links to surveys will be provided to you to send to your selected references.)
- A 250 word essay, typed and double spaced, stating your reason for choosing a healthcare profession and how you anticipate that this education opportunity will enable you to enhance patient care at Sidney Health Center.
- A statement supporting your financial need, including a breakdown of anticipated expenses.
- Completed application shall be submitted to the Foundation for Community Care office by 4:00pm April 30th, 2022.
If a scholarship applicant is related to one or more of the selection committee or Foundation Director, that member will abstain from voting.
The number and dollar award of scholarships to be given each year will be at the discretion of the Foundation Board of Directors, based on availability of funds and at least one month prior to the start of a semester. Funds will be sent directly to the college in which the applicant is enrolled.
The Foundation for Community Care's Scholarship Application is available online.