Jessica Ann Vannatta Education Scholarship
About the Scholarship
The Foundation for Community Care will award, on an annual basis, a $1,000.00 scholarship to a student from Richland County or the surrounding areas that is pursuing a degree in education. This program was implemented to help create an opportunity for students pursuing a degree in education, a field Jessica Ann Vannatta was passionate about.
- Applicant must be a resident of Richland County or the surrounding area.
- Applicant must be pursuing a career in an education field. Preference given to those students who plan on returning to work in Richland County upon completion of his/her program.
- Applicant must provide the Foundation Board with his/her most recent college or high school transcripts. Preference will be given to those applicants with a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or above.
A completed application packet shall include:
- Completed application form
- Most recent, official transcript
- Three sealed letters of reference from high school or college instructors, employers, clergy, or other community members.
- A 250 word essay, typed and double spaced, stating your reasons for choosing an education profession and how you anticipate that this education opportunity will enable you to enhance education in Richland County.
- A statement supporting your financial need, including a breakdown of anticipated expenses.
- Completed application shall be submitted to the Foundation for Community Care office by 4:00 PM on April 30th.
If a scholarship applicant is related to one or more of the selection committee or Senior Executive, that member of the committee will abstain from voting.
The scholarship to be given each year will be at the discretion of the Foundation Board of Directors, based on availability of funds and at least one month prior to the start of the semester. Funds will be sent directly to the college in which the applicant is enrolled.
The Foundation for Community Care's Scholarship Application is available online where you can print the form, complete it, and mail your application packet to: Foundation for Community Care - 221 2nd ST NW - Sidney, MT 59270. Application packets sent to the Foundation for Community Care must be postmarked by the due date to be considered.
The Jessica Ann Vannatta Memorial Education Scholarship Process is currently closed. Mark your calendar for March 1st, 2019 when the process will re-open.
To view a sample scholarship application click here.