Jessica and Nathan Vannatta Memorial Healthcare Scholarship
About the Scholarship
The Foundation for Community Care will award, on an annual basis, The Jessica and Nathan Memorial Healthcare Scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00 to a student from Richland County or the surrounding area that is pursuing a degree in healthcare.
- Applicant must be a resident of Richland County or the surrounding area.
- Applicant must be pursuing a career in a healthcare field. Preference given to those students who plan on returning to work in Richland County upon completion of his/her program.
- Applicant must provide the Foundation Board with his/her most recent college or high school transcripts. Preference will be given to those applicants with a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or above.
A completed application packet shall include:
- Completed application form: online
- Most recent, official high school or college transcript attached to the completed application.
- Three completed recommendation surveys from high school or college instructors, employers, clergy, or other community members. (Links to surveys will be provided to you to send to your selected references.)
- A 250 word essay stating your reason for choosing a healthcare profession and how you anticipate that this education opportunity will enable you to enhance patient care at Sidney Health Center.
- A statement supporting your financial need, including a breakdown of anticipated expenses.
- Completed application shall be submitted to the Foundation for Community Care office by 4:00pm June 1st, 2020.
If a scholarship applicant is related to one or more of the selection committee or Foundation Director, that member will abstain from voting.
The number and dollar award of scholarships to be given each year will be at the discretion of the Foundation Board of Directors, based on availability of funds and at least one month prior to the start of a semester. Funds will be sent directly to the college in which the applicant is enrolled.