Stock & Appreciated Assets
You transfer to the Foundation any publicly traded appreciated stock and assets that you have owned for more than one year. You get an income tax charitable deduction based on the fair market value of the securities.
Stock & Appreciated Assets Video
What's the Need?
- You are looking to transfer highly appreciated stock and assets that you have been holding for a number of years.
- You do not plan on selling the stock and want to use the stock to generate income from a Gift Annuity.
What's the Solution?
- You can transfer your stock and appreciated securities to the Foundation. The Foundation then sells the securities and keeps the proceeds, to be applied to whatever purpose you designate.
- You can also use the stock to generate income from a Charitable Gift Annuity.
- Tax Deduction
- You get an income tax charitable deduction based on the fair market value of the stock and assets while also avoiding capital gains tax.
- Fixed Payments for Life
- If you do a Charitable Gift Annuity with your stock and appreciated assets, you get fixed payments for the remainder of your life.